One of my week highlights was attending a fantastic event all about starting your own business, a panel full of fitness and well-being powerhouse women sharing their advice. This event really left me feeling so motivated to pursue everything I want in life and to keep going. You can see my full post on these events here. Here’s what else has been floating my boat this week.
- London Fashion Week: I think we know what my highlight is…The Queen front row at #LFW. There is nothing more brilliant and surprising then this. Yes Christopher Bailey’s last show for Burberry was, as expected an emotional and celebratory highlight of #LFW but the Queen kind of topped it. Sitting front row at Richard Quinn with Anna Wintour, another Queen, and then presenting the Queen Elizabeth 2 award for British Design was just fab. Just check out the pictures and see for yourself.
- Fashion: Amongst Fashion Week I also discover Jack Wills latest collection and LOVE the campaign and aesthetic behind it. I worked for Jack Wills for 6 months back in 2015 and I really loved the vibe and the experience I gained there. Even back then, when the late Richard Nicoll was creative director, you could sense a shift and an outlook on growing up the brand. I think the latest look book and style is really reflecting this growth. I love the work Ben Weller has done photographing the project and the mantra to go with it.
- Yoga: Well i’m still doing it! Just! God it is hard and I am really noticing how un-flexible and tight my muscles are, not cool. I have even spent 4 mornings getting up and doing half hour before work, and those that know me know I do not get up earlier than absolutely necessary, so this has been a real achievement! You can follow Cat Meffan’s Yoganuary Challenge here. In other news, I am really missing my higher intensity work-outs and classes, so really keen to try ease back into them next week.
- Events: I went to my second #abouttomorrow event hosted by About Time Magazine and it was just fantastic. These women are so strong and inspirational but at the end of the day are just like us! They’re grafting, they’re just getting on with it and they are all so so lovely. I chatted with Lottie Murphy at the end and it felt like chatting with a friend, she gets where we’re at and just encourages self belief and doing something because you love it. If you want to read my round up of the two events here’s the link! (Strongly recommend for anyone who is looking for some motivation).
- Read: The ST Style interview with Clare Waight Keller was such an interesting read, she has done so much as creative director at Chloé since 2011 and now she has become Givenchy’s first female artistic director which is very exciting! I enjoyed hearing about her juggle of being a female boss and a mother, about these new steps in life and about work life balance and making it work for you. I think she will do amazing things and only time will tell whether the Chloé girls will change alliance to be Givenchy’s girls?
The end of the week has seen a struggle with cold/flu symptoms and running low on energy so I have really pulled my inspiration from the motivational events and inspiring women I have been learning about recently. Hope everyone has a good week. Rest up, listen to your body and go smash it!